Welcome on Discovering the Globe, my travel blog with travel reports, useful links, photos and maps from countries where I have been. I already visited many countries, but there still are so many places to discover. On this travel blog I will post reports from my trips all over the world. Below are the most recent travel reports that I wrote.
Planned for 2017: a tour through West Coast of the USA including Grand Canyon, San Francisco, Yosemite N.P. and Highway 1. The entire route is displayed below.
Latest posts in the following categories:
- Destinations: Zaanse Schans: windmills near Amsterdam
- Travel tips: Jet lag prevention
- Hotel reviews: Hotel Fonda Vela, Monteverde – Costa Rica
- Weekly travel photo: Notre Dame, Paris – France
- Costa Rica – In spring 2014 we made a roundtrip through Costa Rica. First time to the rain forests of Central America. Furthermore visiting San Jose, Arenal Volcano and the Caribbean coast at Cahuita and Puerto Viejo.
- Italy by train – In August 2012 I made a short budget trip through Italy by train. My destination was Tuscany because I always wanted to visit Florence and heard good stories about Siena. Other cities that I visited were Pisa and Bologna. Read about this trip and travel tips for a budget trip on the page ‘Italy by train’.
- Luxury holiday in Bali – From Singapore we went to Bali for a week, where we stayed in a luxury hotel. We chose Bali because we wanted a beach destination, but also to do some sightseeing. Places we visited were temples, Danau Batur and Ubud. Of course we also enjoyed the beautiful sceneries of Bali with the mountains and paddy fields. And we followed a cooking lesson! Read about it on the page ‘Luxury holiday in Bali’.
- Back in Singapore – Singapore always felt as a special place. After 17 years I came back in Singapore in 2012 to visit my girlfriend. A country with national parks, beautiful beaches, shopping malls, theme parks and a city with a mix of historical buildings and modern architecture. What a wonderful country! Read more on the page ‘Back in Singapore’.
- The good life of Curacao - Curacao is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and because of that a popular holiday destination for the Dutch. I visited Curacao with a friend in 2011. Family had visited the island several times and I was curious too. Relaxation at Curacao!
- Sights in Dubai desert – In 2009 after graduating from the study architecture I visited Dubai. A modern city in a huge desert and being curious to see buildings like Burj Al Arab, Burj Khalifa and Palm Island. A friend accompanied me and we also visited places like the old city, Dubai desert and had an amazing flight over Dubai by seaplane. Read more on the page ‘Sights in Dubai desert’.
- North Cape tour – In 2001 we rented a motorhome and made a tour through Scandinavia with North Cape, the northernmost point of Europe, as destination. A 7400 kilometer tour in 3,5 weeks, but meanwhile visiting great cities like Copenhagen and Stockholm. And we saw wonderful sceneries like the forests in Sweden and Finland and the rough coastal areas of Norway. Read more on the page ‘North Cape tour’.
- Things to do in Holland - Holland is the country where I live, so I make day trips frequently. Cities, villages, local attractions and other nice things to do in Holland. Read about these trips with tips and information on the page ‘Things to do in Holland’.
More travel itineraries, stories, reviews and photos will be here soon. Including trips to Thailand, Florida, Indonesia and many European countries. Also information about day trips I made in Holland and Belgium.